First time Katana buyer question time :rolleyes:

Reviews of Blades-UK products as provided by the customers

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

CarbonKatana

First time Katana buyer question time :rolleyes:

Postby CarbonKatana » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 am

Hello all. I am new to this forum, new to swords and would like to know if the 'value' katana set on page 8 of the Handforged Samurai Swords section would stand up to much use as indicated by the description etc. I wouldn't be using it for any heavy use but I would like some opinions about it as I like the look and yes, the price. I also like the Red Dragon Katana and the the Handforged Katana 9310 on top of page 4 and the purple shingen katana page 5 (I think it was). I am starting to think that i be better off spending the 170 for the Paul Chen Practical Katana.. But I would have to wait awhile to get that kind of cash etc... Any help, opinions and suggestions or advice etc on a first katana for light use only. Will probably using only occasionally and for cardboard targets or similar, no trees to cut down or anything... Cheers, Neil

teabag

Re: First time Katana buyer question time :rolleyes:

Postby teabag » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:32 pm

I have just received my cheapo katana from page 8, haven't spent a lot of time on it yet but it seems sturdy enough for light cutting.. i believe it is full tang because if I recall cirrectly it has 2 pegs that hold the blade all the way to the most of the handle.

I recommend it as a first sword as it was mine and I'm pretty happy with it.
The light handle cooolor make it seem less sybthetic. Was gon get the shirasaya but this was cheaper. Plus it comes with a box of maintenance stuff and 2 extra hilts(tsubas?)

Will post pictures as soon as I'm not busy from work :014

Return to “Customer Reviews”