New customer/order

jamesb0551

New customer/order

Post by jamesb0551 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi

I've just placed an order with the company but haven't received a confirmation email etc, just wondering if this is typical and how long it will take to get that confirmation and peace of mind.

Also has anyone got the Paul Chen "Paul Chen Practical Katana" I fancy this one as well just wondering how good it is.

Cheers

Vampire_Knight

Re: New customer/order

Post by Vampire_Knight » Fri May 06, 2011 4:14 pm

jamesb0551 wrote:Hi

I've just placed an order with the company but haven't received a confirmation email etc, just wondering if this is typical and how long it will take to get that confirmation and peace of mind.

Also has anyone got the Paul Chen "Paul Chen Practical Katana" I fancy this one as well just wondering how good it is.

Cheers
Hi James.
give them a call m8 ... I ordered a few things with Blades-Uk and did it by phone...so didnt get any mail but was given a date of delivery ..If it was going to be late he called to let me know other than that they came right on time.

I have a practical Katana and a Practical plus elite they are great katanas the practical katana has its tsuka (handle) epoxied on so its impossible to remove which makes it much safer than the ones with just Mekugi (pegs)...
they are great for the beginner at tameshigiri (cutting) they are reeeeaaaalll sharp!!!!! so be reeaal carfull.....
I hope its been some help

Vampire

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Fri May 06, 2011 8:13 pm

hi james
unless its been screwd up by a public holiday its a safe bet its two to three days for shipment
from lawrence all things being well usually mondays for delivery tuesday or thursdays for dilivery on fridays
if youve paid for the parcelfforce 24 hr service
you can add an extra day if youve opted for the 48 hr service

there is by private arrangement a saturday delivery service(now dont quote me on this) at a cost of approximatley £20 give or take a couple of quid
if you need it in a hurry nice to see youve bought your first sword from buks a choice you,ll not regret oh another thing if you order on a friday its usually
there by monday unless youve opted for the saturday rush job

ps you usually get comfirmation once its shipped but not to worry if you dont it will get there ask any who,s orderd recently in the last month

Vampire_Knight

Post by Vampire_Knight » Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 pm

the blade master wrote:hi james
unless its been screwd up by a public hioliday its a safe bet its two to three days for shipment
from lawrence all things being well usually mondays for delivery tuesday or thursdays for dilivery on fridays
if youve paid for the parcelfforce 24 hr service
you can add an extrs day if youve opted for the 48 hr service

there is by private arrangement a saturday delivery service(now dont quote me on this) at a cost of approximatley £20 give or take a couple of quid
if you need it in a hurry nice to see youve bought your first sword from buks a choice you,ll not regret oh another thing if you order on a friday its usually
there by monday unless youve opted for the saturday rush job

ps you usually get comfirmation once its shipped but not to worry if you dont it will get there ask any who,s orderd recently in the last month
Tiz true James... all of mine got here on the day quoted exept the bankholiday weddin lolo... but all my blades got here on the day ..and in perfect condition

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi guys cheers for the help, they've told me they only email you when the items are dispatched within a few days so its all good :D just used to getting a confirmation from the company, so since Ive not used the site before i did wonder if it had gone through. I didnt see an option for express delivery? :S

Cheers Vampire knight Im going to get that one fairly shortly i think unless theirs something better. :GGG

p.s is their any really good movie replicas? i fancy something like the last samurai replica but these can be fairly brittle.

Vampire_Knight

Post by Vampire_Knight » Fri May 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi James
well for a few quid more look at the Paul Chen Practical Plus Katana it has a free upgrade to the Paul Chen Practical Plus Elite katana

Take care.... have fun ... stay safe

Vampire

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Fri May 06, 2011 11:52 pm

hi james
the last samurai katana at buks arnt true to the movei replicars they just have the name
i dont know if theres any available at buks i was lucky enough to get one one before the sword
ban came in so what you,ll get now is any one,s guese

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Cheers

They're on the way now so Im a tad excited to get hold of them. :D

Vampire_Knight

Post by Vampire_Knight » Mon May 09, 2011 9:56 pm

jamesb0551 wrote:Cheers

They're on the way now so Im a tad excited to get hold of them. :D
Enjoy mate heheh have fun and stay safe I KNOW you`ll love em :D :D :D :D

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:34 pm

HI Vampire Knight/ Blade master.

Ive recently got a book and a dvd on the Katana and Japanese swords. (DVD Samurai Sword the making of the legend) and (Book Facts and Fundamentals of Japanese Swords a collectors guide by Nobuo Nakahara) from which I have learnt a lot already and ive only just started the book from the forging and polishing process to the use.

Just wondering if you fellers could recommend any other materials to further my knowledge I did history for A level so im not completely stupid but have never touched on Japan until now.

Cheers

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Thu May 12, 2011 8:09 pm

hi james
best wait and see if moon turns up if he cant help you no one can
cheers mick

Vampire_Knight

Post by Vampire_Knight » Thu May 12, 2011 8:29 pm

jamesb0551 wrote:HI Vampire Knight/ Blade master.

Ive recently got a book and a dvd on the Katana and Japanese swords. (DVD Samurai Sword the making of the legend) and (Book Facts and Fundamentals of Japanese Swords a collectors guide by Nobuo Nakahara) from which I have learnt a lot already and ive only just started the book from the forging and polishing process to the use.

Just wondering if you fellers could recommend any other materials to further my knowledge I did history for A level so im not completely stupid but have never touched on Japan until now.

Cheers
Hi James .. the lads to ask is Blade Master or Moon they have been here for Year`s :D lol... and i`ve seen some of Blades collection

Have fun , Stay safe

Vampire

Moon

Post by Moon » Thu May 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Start off by bookmarking this site http://home.earthlink.net/~steinrl/nihonto.htm there are over 200 links to other Nihonto sites but it often exceeds it's quota towards the end of every month.
When you've read it and all the links, you can start again in about a years time and after a few years you may just have learned something about real Nihonto. ;)