first time buyer

SIRIUS2004

first time buyer

Post by SIRIUS2004 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 am

Hallo.

Could someone please help. I am thinking of buying a sword. I know about the Delivery cost when you send it out. But will i have to pay anything else to the parcel guy when he gives it to me.

Also are the sword pretty big/pretty sharp. Or are thay blunt blades.

Thanks for your time & understanding.

jamesb0551

Re: first time buyer

Post by jamesb0551 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:53 am

No you dont have to pay anything else, and certain pieces on BUK's come with free delivery most of the Paul Chen range for example.

It tells you if a sword is sharpened or not on the items description so you have to decide if you want sharp or not.
E.G
Measures 39.5" Overall, the 27" high tension carbon steel blade is very sharp, forged and differentially tempered, using the same process as the more expensive blades and producing an RC60 cutting edge and RC40 shock-absorbing back. The temper line is authentic and prominent. The handles are wood covered with tough imitation rayskin then wrapped with suede in the tradtional fashion.

SIRIUS2004

Post by SIRIUS2004 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:59 am

Thank for your input mate.

Just one other-thing can i order any sword i want or is there swords that i can not buy. I see that you sell curved swords can people buy them?

Ps if i order a sword that i can not order will someone warn me so i can change my order before any money comes off me master card?

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am

You can order anything of BUK's as all their stuff is completely legal, (Just avoid a couple of katanas that say only to registered martial artists i think that's because he hasn't updated the description since the law was changed but i could be wrong so just don't buy them.) and you arent going to find anywhere cheaper and with better service than this company. oh and FYI if you order off the site it takes a while for the confirmation to come to you so dont panic as your a new customer they have to do an age check on you which takes around 24 hours before you get an email with a tracking number for your order.

Im telling you this as it got me lol

enjoy

SIRIUS2004

Post by SIRIUS2004 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks so much for all your help.

I don't mind them doing a age check, Only almost everything i have is under my nick name that i have been using since i was about 2years old i am know 40years old. Can i send him my real name or does it not matter as i have only really used my real name for all the stuff that i have too. My master card is in my nick name would that be a problem?

Sorry if i am being a pain, i just don't want to mess up.

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:19 am

Im affraid i have no idea on that one, your best contacting him and telling him shouldnt be a problem and you can make your order over the phone at the same time if you wish, for me he used the code on my driving license so id imagine hell do the same with you so use whatever names on that.

01945 701022 - 8am - 10pm Mon-Sat

SIRIUS2004

Post by SIRIUS2004 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am

Hi james.

Just called the number you gave me. And the guy on the other end was really nice & very understanding.

I am always a bit put off when ordering online but after talking to that guy (sorry dont know his name) i will be 100% ordering off the site from know on. This site must have the best customer service i have ever seen, The team should hold there heads up high. Great job :)

Also can i thank you james, You have been very understanding and very helpful. Your a really great guy :)

Take care guys.

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 pm

There you go sirrus

Let us know what you get and put some pics up were all quite nosey on here lol

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:18 am

there you go james somebody else luv,s ya :D :D :D and sirrus the guy you spoke to was none other than the main man himself lawrence

mick

SIRIUS2004

Post by SIRIUS2004 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 am

Thanks mick.

I felt bad calling him some guy, I may not have known his name but like i said lawrence is one nice guy. Its a shame other sites don't learn to treat people the same way. It was only yesterday that i was thinking would it be safe to order from the site. know i now just how much Respect lawrence as for the people who buys off his site. And like i said i am 100% going to order from here and soon too just looking to see what i would like :) (So much to pick from)

Even so lawrence is one nice guy, I must say his team are just as nice. I have been treated really nice by everyone so far. I am really looking forward to being apart of the forum.

Ps james, I will be more then happy to post picture of all my future orders.

Take care guys/girls?. All the very best :)

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:53 pm

sirrius your wellcome and wellcome to the forum
mick

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:11 pm

SIRIUS2004 wrote:Thanks mick.

I felt bad calling him some guy, I may not have known his name but like i said lawrence is one nice guy. Its a shame other sites don't learn to treat people the same way. It was only yesterday that i was thinking would it be safe to order from the site. know i now just how much Respect lawrence as for the people who buys off his site. And like i said i am 100% going to order from here and soon too just looking to see what i would like :) (So much to pick from)

Even so lawrence is one nice guy, I must say his team are just as nice. I have been treated really nice by everyone so far. I am really looking forward to being apart of the forum.

Ps james, I will be more then happy to post picture of all my future orders.

Take care guys/girls?. All the very best :)
I know theres so much stuff i wish to buy, and after watching True Grit i now want a bowie knife the list just gets longer

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:44 pm

james have a look at the damascus blades section theres some real nice ones there.

jamesb0551

Post by jamesb0551 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 pm

I've found one I like it's the elk Bowie about 40 looks very niiiiiiiiiiice

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 pm

aye its a very nice blade for the money indeed