Which Damascus blade????!?!?!

kevbearsmith

Which Damascus blade????!?!?!

Post by kevbearsmith » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Hey guys! im currently looking into buying one of the featured Damascus stlyed blades on BUK, the problem is, i don't quite know which one to buy :/

The choices are!:

Ikazuchi Damascus Katana; £210.00
Ikazuchi means "thunder" in Japanese. Thunder is no match for this classic style sword. This unique series offers a Damascus blade that is folded 9 times to 1792 layers. Featuring a sharpened double edged blade with heavy bohi down the center and Kanji Chisel. The hardwood handle features genuine ray skin and leather wrapping with brass menuki and unique cast metal guard and pommel. Included is the custom black wooden saya. - Impressive....

or

Damascus Egret Ninja Sword; £99.00
hand sharpened, hand forged, damascus steel blade. Full tang, double pegged. High quality black cotton ito and genuine same handle wrap. Black lacquered wooden saya with purple saegeo. Complete with cotton protective sleeve and wooden storage box. Bargain! - Equally as Impressive...

I know the proce difference is a bit big, but any advice on which one to go for is welcome :)

Thanks all!!!

the blade master

Re: Which Damascus blade????!?!?!

Post by the blade master » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm

i dont think theres any ikazuchi left so it looks like your only choice is the egret which is a nice sword in its own right
a good buy and worth the money for sure

Geordie Ross

Re: Which Damascus blade????!?!?!

Post by Geordie Ross » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:21 pm

I noticed a Budo sunrise Damascus blade in sale section, special edition and it looks very nice