Purchasing first Functional Sword

Balian

Re: Purchasing first Functional Sword

Postby Balian » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Read up on a more indepth review of the ppk. 3 out of 5 stars reviewed by Paul Southren or SBG. He knows his stuff.

ShadowWolfAlpha

Postby ShadowWolfAlpha » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:52 pm

Balian wrote:Read up on a more indepth review of the ppk. 3 out of 5 stars reviewed by Paul Southren or SBG. He knows his stuff.

I had a look at the review - I'm a bit unsure why he gave it 3/5 when all throughout his view he was saying how it surpassed his expectations :/

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Its a economy range sword. He can't give everything 5/5. He needs to reserve top scores for the more expensive and higher quality swords.

I vouch for the practical plus, they're exceptional quality.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Moon

Postby Moon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:28 pm

ShadowWolfAlpha wrote:
Balian wrote:Read up on a more indepth review of the ppk. 3 out of 5 stars reviewed by Paul Southren or SBG. He knows his stuff.

I had a look at the review - I'm a bit unsure why he gave it 3/5 when all throughout his view he was saying how it surpassed his expectations :/

Exactly - when...
Paul Southren wrote:All in all, I think it is fair to say that I was MORE than happy with my purchase!

...which contradicts the *3 Star* rating compared to other swords he's reviewed in the same price bracket as the PPK rated as *5 Star* and have since been condemned as being total crap by others who really know their stuff. :|
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:37 pm

I would imagine its just not a very well thought out review... Methinks the rating system may be open to some debate.
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:20 pm

wtf? wrote:I would imagine its just not a very well thought out review... Methinks the rating system may be open to some debate.

well you got that right :tumbsup:
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Balian

Postby Balian » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Well you answered that question yourself...who cares about the score and the drivel about the review. Your topic question was advice on a cutting katana and I believe Geordie and others recommended that the ppk will do the job.

Return to “Blades UK Forum”