Questions about the bleach anime styled sword.

demonshaw18

Questions about the bleach anime styled sword.

Postby demonshaw18 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Well my main question is when i bought the sword from the website the description is that it has a sharpened blade (one of the reason I bought it) but I received the sword it is obviously unsharpened and the "cutting edge" side of the blade is nowhere near a point more of a rectangle block running down the blade where I assume it'd normally be grinded down into the point. Is this an error by the website or is there something i'm missing?. My sub question is.... What is the weird grease type stuff that comes from the saya every time i sheathe the sword and pull it out again?.

Loz
Blades UK

Re: Questions about the bleach anime styled sword.

Postby Loz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 am

Hi,

This is an ornamental sword which is factory sharpened, this means it has a v edge rather than being unsharpened which has a rectangular edge though sharpness will vary from one to another, none being especially sharp. However being a v edge it is ready for you to easily sharpen to the degree that you are looking for.

The grease is there to prevent the sword rusting, it's part of owning a sword, I would advise you keep a small coating of oil on the blade, although it's stainless steel, stainless steel is corrosion resistant but it has its limits, any damp build up in the saya will lead to rust if the blade is not properly protected.
http://www.Blades-UK.com for your Swords

the blade master

Re: Questions about the bleach anime styled sword.

Postby the blade master » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:57 pm

hi Lawrence
I belive he could be referring to the wax that sticks to the blade
every time you withdraw the katana from the saya. ((demon that's perfectly normal))that's
there to stop the oil soaking into the saya causing it to swell and
split
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Blades UK Forum”