B. UK Subhilt knife

Alan_Green

B. UK Subhilt knife

Postby Alan_Green » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi there, I really like the look of many of your products, I am especially drawn to your B.UK Jaguar or the B.UK Sub Hilt Knife. I have chronic arthritis in both hands and the sub hilt helps with blade manipulation. I would like to ask if you do something like these with a rubberised or malleable grip - the smooth polished ones are more difficult for me. So question is, do you make custom versions on request (obviously for an extra cost) or are you unable to change any specs? many thanks, I will go back to drooling over your products :D

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: B. UK Subhilt knife

Postby Big Lazy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Hi. You'll need to email B-UK via the contact details on the main page as its unlikely anyone from B-UK will have chance to read the forum. Thanks
Pimp or die baby!

Moon

Postby Moon » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:08 pm

I've never seen a sub-hilt which didn't rely on hard material to help keep it securely in place.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Dotanuki2K

Postby Dotanuki2K » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:33 pm

Here in the U.S you can buy a rubberized tape used for plumbing, it is black and the rubberized tape actually melts together after a time and becomes one piece. I have used it on my knives and it worked quite well being waterproof as well for outdoor usage.
I don't know if you have a similar product in the U.K., but it would be something for you to look into.

Mick, It was on one of my Rambo knives I use in outdoors work, before you ask. :D

I have cord wrapped handles on various weapons I also plan on covering over with wrap, as you will still be able to see the cord underneath.
Experience is is simply the name we give our mistakes

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:52 pm

hi dot
I belive the british army has been using something similar as an emergency water proof repair item
its also been sold on some now defunked uk shopping channels shouldn't be too hard to find something
similar around here tho
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:52 am

It's called 'self-amalgamating' or 'compression' tape over here, popular for it's waterproof electrical insulating property as well as plumbing repairs. ;)
Quality varies enormously with price though, as with most other things.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:01 am

cheers moon :tumbsup:
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Blades UK Forum”