Greatswords

Lord in the North

Greatswords

Postby Lord in the North » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm kinda new to posting and collecting swords. but i really fancy a greatsword. Does anyone know if Blades UK make one at around 55-60 inches with a two handed hilt? Thanks :)

the blade master

Re: Greatswords

Postby the blade master » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 pm

blades aint a manufacturer just a reatailer but if its a big sword your after try the cold steel
grosse messer not sure if theres any others at buks check out any others in the cold steel section
you could allways contact lawrence and see if he has any others you might fancy the cold steel
grosse messer is a real handfull and if its owt like mine sharp as s**t too if its to small try the paul chen
lowlander or the paul chen claymore
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Lord in the North

Postby Lord in the North » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks for the advice. Im seriously new at all this and I want to start collecting different types of blades for display puropses.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 am

your wellcome :D
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:55 pm

The Paul Chen claymore is deffinatly one to concider but the cold steel two handed greatsword is a total beast!
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:17 pm

i think you will find he means its a bit of a handfull
forum moderator

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm

It's two massive handfuls lol
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

tr00per7

Postby tr00per7 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:28 pm

EDIT
Well I own the Windlass Steel crafts English two handed long sword

I have already poked a few holes in the roof just trying to wield the thing inside the house.

I don't know how well the sword holds up on its functionality (the blade is quite thin which makes the blade somewhat too flexible and can be bad for big powerful cuts) as I have heard mixed reviews and feelings towards windlass steelcraft's but for a price of £208, it was worth getting just for a cheap Great Sword. It said it was based on a genuine sword stored in the royal armories so It's historical accurate enough for me.

The standard hanwei claymore (not the lowlander) is the same price as my sword so its really a decision of which one you like the look of.

Return to “Sword Forum”