New here, advice for Arwen's Hadafang sword?

Gem_86

New here, advice for Arwen's Hadafang sword?

Postby Gem_86 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:54 am

I fell in love with Arwen's sword from Lord of the Rings, and I would love to buy it, but I can't find it on any UK site, does this mean it's a banned sword? It does look rather long and curved, but I know a couple of people who actually own this gorgeous genuine replica, I'm not sure how they got it, I know my friend got it for her birthday some years ago. I found someone selling it on ebay in the US and they say that they've never had any issues with it being delivered to the UK but I don't want to risk getting in trouble.

I have seen another replica around that I could buy but it does not look the same at all, the detail on the handle for one thing doesn't look anywhere near as good as the genuine replica.

So I wait with bated breath, is it bad news? Will I never own this gorgeous sword to look and admire at on my wall? :cry:

Balian

Re: New here, advice for Arwen's Hadafang sword?

Postby Balian » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello Gem

I also would like a hadhafang sword to go with the LOTR swords I already have. I fear it would come under the banned blade hammer as its not traditionally hand forged / made. The other example you mention I have seen and I'm sure I know what site you are referring to. It is a copy not an official replica. If you want one, Geordie Ross has one and if you are really nice, he might be persuaded to part with it.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:13 pm

Yup now banned in the UK sorry. Sold mine a while back too :cry:
Pimp or die baby!

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm

I still got a hadafang, they're now illegal to sell without a licence, so you'll struggle to find any :|
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Return to “Sword Forum”