choice of swords

adrianwoods123

choice of swords

Postby adrianwoods123 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 pm

I dont know what to get the "sakura ninja sword" or the "handforged wine katana " does anyone have any ideas on what I should get

Geordie Ross

Re: choice of swords

Postby Geordie Ross » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 pm

It really depends on what you want from your sword, cutting? Practice draws? Iaido? display? Strength or style? :dunno:
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 am

the handforged wine katana would be your better option
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

luke20

Postby luke20 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:45 am

i'd go for the wine katana, as far as japanese style swords are concerned i personally prefer curved blades to straight ones, simply because i feel they are more authentic, the idea of straight ninja swords comes purely from movies as far as i know

adrianwoods123

Postby adrianwoods123 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Thank you for your replies its been a big help

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 pm

your wellcome
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Spring Forest

Postby Spring Forest » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:07 pm

luke20 wrote:the idea of straight ninja swords comes purely from movies as far as i know

Not really Luke. The straight blade ( tsurugi, or ken ) predates the curved blade. Dates vary according to which source you look to, but the first curved blades were probably made in the Nara region the the middle of the eighth century, prior to that swords were based mainly on Chinese and Korean designs ~ and were straight.

pjm

Postby pjm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:14 pm

I have to say i do like ninja style swords but have never bought one after looking at a mates one, to me it just didnt feel right in the hand compared to samurai swords hence the reason i bout the kill bill deluxe set from blades

i would go for the handforged wine katana if it was my money being spent
If i didn't have bad luck i would have no luck at all

Spring Forest

Postby Spring Forest » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:28 pm

pjm wrote:I have to say i do like ninja style swords but have never bought one after looking at a mates one, to me it just didnt feel right in the hand compared to samurai swords

I've got one of these ~ http://www.blades-uk.com/large_pic.php?product_id=3428 ~ and it has a really nice blade.

pjm

Postby pjm » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Spring Forest wrote:
pjm wrote:I have to say i do like ninja style swords but have never bought one after looking at a mates one, to me it just didnt feel right in the hand compared to samurai swords

I've got one of these ~ http://www.blades-uk.com/large_pic.php?product_id=3428 ~ and it has a really nice blade.

save the world save the cheerleader

i had thought about that one myself but got the kill bill, but as i think someones said, its whatever works for each person
If i didn't have bad luck i would have no luck at all

Return to “Sword Forum”