Photos Of Kill Bill Sword as promised

spellmad2003

Re: Photos Of Kill Bill Sword as promised

Postby spellmad2003 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:28 pm

hand forged in china. there are expensive swords made in china too :)).

pjm

Postby pjm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 pm

spellmad2003 wrote:hand forged in china. there are expensive swords made in china too :)).

yea i know and this sword is a very good sword for the price, my whole point was to the other poster that it wernt a true japanese sword only a sword in the style of
If i didn't have bad luck i would have no luck at all

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:24 pm

The Japanese are extremely touchy about classification, and honestly, I don't blame them, proper nihonto sword are a work of art with honourable heritage, they used to treat their katanas like children, believing they had souls, some swords taking years to craft, and then China knock out 1,000 repros a day... Some of the reproduction katanas made in China are exceptional quality, but the level of care, pride and craftsmanship is disregarded.
That's why you'll rarely find a Japanese production katana, I think they even have laws and legislation for it, that's how seriously they take it, and that's why I love Japan.
"From the moment they wake up, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they do" ~ the last samurai. :mrgreen:
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

pjm

Postby pjm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:The Japanese are extremely touchy about classification, and honestly, I don't blame them, proper nihonto sword are a work of art with honourable heritage, they used to treat their katanas like children, believing they had souls, some swords taking years to craft, and then China knock out 1,000 repros a day... Some of the reproduction katanas made in China are exceptional quality, but the level of care, pride and craftsmanship is disregarded.
That's why you'll rarely find a Japanese production katana, I think they even have laws and legislation for it, that's how seriously they take it, and that's why I love Japan.
"From the moment they wake up, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they do" ~ the last samurai. :mrgreen:

if you get caught taking one out of japan you risk a lengthy prison sentence lol

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 pm

actually pj your made to commit sepuku on the spot :>
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

pjm

Postby pjm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:40 pm

the blade master wrote:actually pj your made to commit sepuku on the spot :>

and thats the time you hope you got a cheap blunt nasty one lolol

Moon

Postby Moon » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 pm

pjm wrote:The handle or Tsuka of the sword should be displayed on the right side of the stand if you are right handed. If the warrior is left handed then the sword is displayed with the handle to the left."

I don't know where you picked that rubbish up, there were no left handed Samurai.

Geordie Ross wrote:That's why you'll rarely find a Japanese production katana, I think they even have laws and legislation for it, that's how seriously they take it, and that's why I love Japan.

You won't find any Japanese production katana except Showato and even they're illegal in Japan.

pjm wrote:if you get caught taking one out of japan you risk a lengthy prison sentence lol

Another myth, swords can be taken out of Japan with the appropriate doumentation.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

pjm

Postby pjm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Moon wrote:
pjm wrote:The handle or Tsuka of the sword should be displayed on the right side of the stand if you are right handed. If the warrior is left handed then the sword is displayed with the handle to the left."

I don't know where you picked that rubbish up, there were no left handed Samurai.

were you there in those times lolol

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Wow! They're illegal?!! Like jail sentence illigality? Or slap on the wrist and confiscation illegal? Lol I knew the Japanese had legislation against production katanas, but that seems excessive lol :shocked:

pjm

Postby pjm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 pm

well moon i have found that on a few sites to which i would post a link too but there would be no point as the comment would more than likely be removed

its not hard to find them with google

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 pm

pjm wrote:
Moon wrote:

were you there in those times lolol

Acctualy, left handed was trained out of them, natural lefty's were forced to train in right handed styles.

pjm

Postby pjm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:Wow! They're illegal?!! Like jail sentence illigality? Or slap on the wrist and confiscation illegal? Lol I knew the Japanese had legislation against production katanas, but that seems excessive lol :shocked:

i think its more so with the antique ones really, they see it as removing part of there heritage, its why the Japanese and Chinese are and have been for a few years now going round the world buying back alot of their heritage back and most of the time at any cost

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:06 pm

pjm wrote:
Geordie Ross wrote:Wow! They're illegal?!! Like jail sentence illigality? Or slap on the wrist and confiscation illegal? Lol I knew the Japanese had legislation against production katanas, but that seems excessive lol :shocked:

i think its more so with the antique ones really, they see it as removing part of there heritage, its why the Japanese and Chinese are and have been for a few years now going round the world buying back alot of their heritage back and most of the time at any cost

The Japanese already have all the finest examples back in Japan, par the honjo masamune, I think they set up some kind of special government agency with unlimited funding to retrieve them, they have drawings of the original swords for verification, and I've heard that recently, people have been making forgeries trying to fool them, but have been unsuccessful.

pjm

Postby pjm » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Geordie Ross wrote:
pjm wrote:

The Japanese already have all the finest examples back in Japan, par the honjo masamune, I think they set up some kind of special government agency with unlimited funding to retrieve them, they have drawings of the original swords for verification, and I've heard that recently, people have been making forgeries trying to fool them, but have been unsuccessful.

Good cause thats where they belong, back where they should be IMHO

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:47 am

The Japanese did well to retrive them, there are still cultural artifacts from around the world in rich museums, Egyptian and Greek items in Brittish ,museums as with far eastern items in American museums, arguably they were "rescued" from lawless war zones but it could be equally argued that they were looted.

Return to “Sword Forum”