Loose Pommel on Katana

Gankhole

Loose Pommel on Katana

Postby Gankhole » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:17 am

Hi guys, I recently bought the Kitsu Handforged Katana and i've had it for about 3 weeks now. It's a great Katana, it's well balanced, has some great attention to detail and is decently sharp. But a few hours ago I noticed that the Pommel, or the ''kashira'' is coming loose, and the only thing keeping it attached to the Tsuka is the Ito (handle wrap). So I was wondering, would it be a good idea to just put some super-glue under the Pommel and slap it back in place and then wait for it to dry? Or would this somehow be a bad idea. Thanks in advance, guys.

the blade master

Re: Loose Pommel on Katana

Postby the blade master » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:52 pm

hi
because of the way the its fastened down with the ito theres no way its going to come off/loose it
so no worrys there
and yes using the method you've described is one way of sorting out the problem
now a word of warning if the super glue comes in contact with the ito (depending on what
its made of) theres a bit of a reaction i.e theres a lot of smoke and the ito gets very hot
enough to cause a bad burn if you should come into contact with any area where the (glue/ito
comes into contact with each other) so be carefull
mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Gankhole

Postby Gankhole » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Mick. I'll be careful!

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:49 pm

your wellcome
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Sword Forum”