Tori series

Post your questions or seek advice on anything relating to swords

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Geordie Ross

Tori series

Post by Geordie Ross » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi guys it's my birthday soon and I feel like treating myself on a top blade and I've overheard moon raving about the tori series and I've got a few questions :>
Firstly is the steel folded? I've seen it on a different site in the folded section, which I won't even call a competitor site as the prices are far far far from competitive.
Secondly what is best of the series? The original tori, the tori XL or the tori XL light? And what's the difference?
Lastly out of 100 what would you score it?
This sword caught my eye a few year back with it's brownish leather Ito and purist performance qualities, I've noticed this topic is sounding like an exam but there's not many independent reviews on the net and would like some quality well informed knowledge from you guys, if at all possible :mrgreen:
Cheers people Ross

Loz
Blades UK

Re: Tori series

Post by Loz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:24 pm

The performance XL ones are folded either with bohi (light) or without. I have a few of each with the odd very minor scuff on the scabbard for £350 each, otherwise perfect, one 1-3mm scratch per scabbard, were £913, £350 is well below even the original cost price . . . It feels like I'm holding out my wrists here and handing you a knife to slit them with, yes it's financial sepaku on these lol

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Wow fantastic il be in touch at the end of October if the offer still stands then,
and I'm supprised you still have wrists after people have bitten your hands off for these type of offers!!
The scuffs on the saya won't matter, I'm planning on mounting it without one :mrgreen:
But Il try to get a minted one if I get the birthday cash for it lol

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:44 am

hi geordie
thats why he has to employ somone to scratch his ichy spots as they,ve bitten
off so much of his hands he.s down to his elbows now :D :D

Geordie Ross

Post by Geordie Ross » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Lol it's a wonder how loz has enough proffit to pay employees, he really can't be beaten on price :>