eBay

Post your questions or seek advice on anything relating to swords

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Geordie Ross

eBay

Post by Geordie Ross » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:06 pm

I've been looking at some swords (from china) extremely cheap claiming to be folded steel or Damascus steel hand forged, that was enough to raise my suspicion but they managed to fool my mate, an sent out what I can only describe as a ssa (sword shaped object) :| its tsuka was flash welded to the blade and pegged the steel is stainless with some kind of weird pattern into it barely polished with a poorly etched hamon, the saya is aluminium with a tiger flash welded onto it (no attempt to remove the soot from the flame) and painted by what I suspect was a child with crayons, so technically it
Is hand made....... he paid £40 for the sword and £45 p&p! I don't want to mention the name of the seller for possibal leagal reasons but there is a few different sellers with duplicate images p&p charges and varied prices (all from china) :S

Basically what I'm trying to say is, make sure you know what your buying on eBay and don't be fooled by very low prices and pretty pictures!! For all you know you could just be buying the picture
Let my daft mates mistake be a lession to us all! You only get what you pay for,
Except with blades Uk it's a bargain bucket of quality!
Ross