castile signature sword

Post your questions or seek advice on anything relating to swords

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

carbon steel fan

castile signature sword

Post by carbon steel fan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi i just ordered the castile signature sword and scabbard i was wondering if its any good.and how long does delivery take.this is my first 1060 high carbon spring steel sword what should i clean it with????thanks :D :D

Geordie Ross

Re: castile signature sword

Post by Geordie Ross » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:23 pm

It's highly recommended on this forum, I don't have one but I've heard very good things about it, I'd recommend buying a tub of renaissance wax to protect it from rust, it leaves a glassy finish to the polish and protects it from rust for at least 6 months per coat, works much better and much cleaner than oils, it also works on leather, laqured wood and most textiles, it's a must have in my opinion
Ps, your delivery time may vary, it's Friday so it will be at the most next Friday, one way to check is to call blades uk, the number is on the main page, Lawrence will confirm the expected delivery date, Ohh and please post some good close up pics when you receive it! :>

the blade master

Post by the blade master » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:57 am

hi
theres a couple of guys here that have bought one and they recon its the bee,s knee,s
as geordie has said if larns turns up ask him as he,s got one he,ll tell you all about it

carbon steel fan

Post by carbon steel fan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Thanks for the reply it was very helpful :D and yes when i get it i will take some pix.Thankyou :D

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Post by Big Lazy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:46 pm

I got one and it takes pride of place in my collection. Get yourself a nice wall plaque too to display it on.