Which Sword?

Post your questions or seek advice on anything relating to swords

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

saladin

Which Sword?

Post by saladin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm very interested in getting a sword and after looking around on the net I decided this was the place to come. However, after scouring the items for sale and the forum all I have done is confuse myself.

I'm after two things...

1) A katana or ninja sword. Like most people I want to know that the sword I spend my hard earned money on is the real thing. I don't like to settle for second best with anything I buy, but I'm not a millionaire so I just want the best my budget allows for the time being. Budget is £150 for the katana/sword but that is MAX, I really want to spend less than that if possible at the time being.

2) A decent quality machete / large knife. Budget is £40.

I don't know if it will help you guys dispense your wisdom but I am looking to start a Samurai class that's being held in Bradford. I keep bumping into the instructor and meaning to go down, hopefully this spend will help guide me that way. Other than that I just want a well built and durable item.

Look forward to hearing back from you guys, Peace be with you.

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Re: Which Sword?

Post by Big Lazy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:09 am

£400 will get you a very respectable Chen katana

saladin

Post by saladin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 am

It will also get me kicked out on the street and/or decapitated by the mrs lol.

Joking aside, I appreciate the input. I looked at some of the chen katana in amazement. I do want the best quality for my money but dont have the budget for such a sword atm. God willing I will do second time around. Any suggestions with a more friendly price tag?

Loz
Blades UK

Post by Loz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:12 am

folded Dragon Katana (21) is the best sword in your price range, it's a folded, hand forged high carbon steel blade with an exceptionally well done simulated temper. Genuine raysin so it has a genuine quality look and feel to it, very traditonal black finish and stunnign dragon tsuba to add just a bit of flare. I'm also loving the babydoll katana, another great colour scheme finished to a very high standard with some impressive engraving over the entire blade, and a snip at £108.