Post your questions or seek advice on anything relating to swords

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

the blade master

Re: importing a hussar sabre

Postby the blade master » Sat May 10, 2014 9:55 pm

well to be honest moon or loz will know a lot more about it than
I do they,ll be the best people to get any info from
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Moon

Postby Moon » Tue May 13, 2014 7:57 pm

the blade master wrote:well to be honest moon or loz will know a lot more about it than
I do to be honest they,ll be the best people to get any info from

You give me too much credit Mick, I haven't bought a sword from abroad since the law was amended and don't intend to either - far too risky IMO.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Joghurt

Postby Joghurt » Wed May 14, 2014 7:19 pm

You give me too much credit Mick, I haven't bought a sword from abroad since the law was amended and don't intend to either - far too risky IMO.

I wonder if anyone has and was successful? Have you heard of anyone that did, and how did they do it? Surely there must be a way of importing them reliably, if Blades-uk can - surely it is a matter of a correct certificate.

I wish Loz would comment - I would ideally like to import it through a store and forget about all this legistlation headache.

And sorry for all the trouble guys - I just really really want this sword on a display in my room!

Moon

Postby Moon » Wed May 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Joghurt wrote:
I wonder if anyone has and was successful? Have you heard of anyone that did, and how did they do it? Surely there must be a way of importing them reliably, if Blades-uk can - surely it is a matter of a correct certificate.

I wish Loz would comment - I would ideally like to import it through a store and forget about all this legistlation headache.

And sorry for all the trouble guys - I just really really want this sword on a display in my room!

It's no trouble at all.
If we can help somebody we're more than willing to try at least, providing it's not some clown who wants a light sabre made from unobtainium that can cut a battle cruiser in half - and we've had a few of 'em.
Best give Loz a ring and see if he can get you one, that 'Szabla husarska typ 1' is a really nice sword that anyone would be proud to own but it's a lot of Zslotych at about £565 plus shipping? to risk losing.
Hope you do get one, keep us posted.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Joghurt

Postby Joghurt » Sat May 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Hmmm wasn't quite expecting someone to follow a a link from the picture itself..

Managed to find another one, even better perhaps, and £100 cheaper :) I will drop Loz an email i think, to save myself a headache.

what do u guys think of this?

Return to “Advice & Questions”