Budds katana

Post your questions or seek advice on anything relating to swords

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Montrosion

Budds katana

Postby Montrosion » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi guys

I've never bought a sword before and need some advice from someone who has bought budds sword.

Basicly I'm just wondering what the quallity is like, is it fully functional, (full tang and double pegged) is it accurate to the one in the movie (or close) and is it worth it.

if you have any pics of the katana I can see that might help me make my mind up that would be cool.

Cheers guys and thanks in advance.

Moon

Re: Budds katana

Postby Moon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:54 am

Post a link to which sword you're thinking of buying from the main site and maybe those who have one can help you decide - if they're still active here. :|
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:18 pm

hi
is it this one

forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Montrosion

Postby Montrosion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Yes that's the one.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:17 pm

hi
ive all three and the better one is bills deluxe version (better finish than the other two i.e. the brides or budds)
id get that one (bills katana) and if you take the metal loop thingy of the bill katana you can (as ive done) put
a third mekugi in there making it super secure
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Montrosion

Postby Montrosion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi

Bills sword was my first option but judging by the description on the website it's not entirely accurate to the movie one, it says it has two gold stripes on the saya as apposed to white ones and the saya also is missing a few metal decorative pieces. I think also the devil design isn't white either and me being me I get really fussy with things like that hahaha

thanks

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:22 pm

hi
the description im sure is wrong the only gold not yellow stripes are on the bride sword one on each
edge the engravings on the bill/bride saya,s are picked out in gold colour after the engraving is done
showing through the black laqure coat bill has a devil on his saya bride has a styalised spear on her saya
both blades have on bills sword the devils head engraving on the bride sword the foo dog (shi shi)
what metal fittings are you on about as there are none on any of the three saya,s that ive seen in
the film or on the production kats unless your on about the carved pattern on the bill/bride sayas
that are painted over in gold near the mouth of the saya as an aside the bill/bride kats have leather
ito on the tsuka and budds has cotton ito.
forum moderator

Montrosion

Postby Montrosion » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:02 pm

On bills sword at the bottom of the saya there is either a white/silver painted design or a metal cover of some sort, half way up there should be a metal ring around the saya, the devil head should be white/silver as should the design above it and on the front and back there should be the white/silver lines. This should be the same on beatrix's sword but the colours are yellow/gold and the dog as apposed to the devil.

Moon

Postby Moon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Finding a fully functional, aesthetically accurate katana from any movie is going to be difficult and probably very expensive these days IMO.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

Return to “Advice & Questions”