Anime Katanas

Post your questions or seek advice on anything relating to swords

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Xander563

Anime Katanas

Postby Xander563 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Hey,

I've bought a couple of really good katanas from this site in the past and absolutely love them. I'm looking to buy another one as a gift for a friend, but can't find much in the way of replicas.

One i did find which looked promising is this: http://www.blades-uk.com/products.php?id=4614

Unfortunately, it's a poor replica, as the Tsuka should be black, not blue (This is the sword from One Piece).

Are there any plans to bring more Anime related swords into stock (Ideally from Bleach or One Piece)? If not, could you recommend other places? I've found a lot of really cheap places that don't look particularly trust worthy, but I trust Blades-UK (from experience).

teabag

Re: Anime Katanas

Postby teabag » Fri May 13, 2016 10:31 pm

Ive always thought that sword emulated yachiru's from bleach x_x Better watch one piece again...
There was one that looked accurate they used to sell, urahara's benihime but I don't see it stocked anymore

Xander563

Postby Xander563 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Uraharas would make a great gift, especially after the latest mangas.

Thought Yachirus was like a blood red scabard with pink taku? Anyway, might have to give (mod delete sorry no links to other u.k. retailers are permitted on the open forum) a go as they have a version of ichigos sword before he goes bankai (the butcher style blade). It's stainless steel rather than carbon steel, but it'll do if i can't find any high quality ones. Blades-Uk does a nice replica of Rukias sword too which I was considering.

*edit*

Turns out they sell one here

http://www.blades-uk.com/anime-sword-861

teabag

Postby teabag » Mon May 16, 2016 1:05 am

Most of the bleach wall hanger katanas I've seen are the wrong color so I assumed zoro's sword was yachiru's as they have the same-ish flower shaped guard..

Example
http://www.blades-uk.com/anime-sword94
it even has the wheels lol. come to think of it I came across this site cuz I was looking for yachiru's sword.. ended up buying a more real katana with full tang and I can never see myself buying a wall hanger, bar the crazy designed ones such as kratos's blades and the sword of chaos from darksiders...

I'd totally modify my katana to look like yachiru's if I find a proper flower tsuba

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Mon May 16, 2016 11:42 am

hi teabag
alltho not shown on site call/ask Lawrence about some tsuba,s as he dose have a few sets in display cases
hidden away in the warehouse someplace its just that he,s so busy he cant allways update the products on
a regular basis maybe there,s something suitable hidden away there in fact I seem to recollect there,s one based
on a crysanthymum theme there
mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

Return to “Advice & Questions”