decisions, decisions... :(

Post your questions or seek advice on anything relating to swords

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

Lupine_Ragdoll

decisions, decisions... :(

Post by Lupine_Ragdoll » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:29 pm

My 18th is coming up soon, and my parents finally agreed to let me have another sword, but I'm stuck for choice! :? I'll probably get either the Highlander sword or the Kit Rae Anathros sword. Does anyone know what either are like, or does anyone have any other suggestions on swords? I already have the cobra fantasy dagger. :)

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:33 pm

Personally I would go fer the Kit sword of the two.

Xen

Post by Xen » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:37 pm

Highlander @ £140.
Anathros @ £105.

Why not go for a carbon steel blade at a similar price? You wouldn't regret it (i.e. the Practical Katana?)

It doesn't have to be a katana of course...maybe something more...medieval?

michael_collins_2000_ie

Post by michael_collins_2000_ie » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:37 pm

Definately get the Kit Rae. And especially the Anathros.

Lupine_Ragdoll

Post by Lupine_Ragdoll » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:40 pm

The only problem with that sword is I don't think it comes with a scabbard, and I doubt my parents would let me get a sword without a scabbard. :( It's a shame the Utd Cutlery Imperial Samurai sword is out of stock, it's so amazing! :lick:

Satori

Post by Satori » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:15 pm

Lupine_Ragdoll wrote:The only problem with that sword is I don't think it comes with a scabbard, and I doubt my parents would let me get a sword without a scabbard. :( It's a shame the Utd Cutlery Imperial Samurai sword is out of stock, it's so amazing! :lick:
Why wouldn't you be allowed to get one without a scabbard? I think I'm right in thinking it's not sharp, so you wont accidenatlly cut yourself on it :-D

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:25 pm

Which Highlander sword do you mean? There are two on the site the Katana and the broadsword.

If i had that choice I would get the highlander katana over anathros but if it was the broadsword it would be the other way around.

Like Xen said though, for the money you are looking at spending I'd have a look through the functional carbon steel swords as well