Ninjitsu by Dr. Hatsumi

A forum for discussion on all things related to the martial-arts and oriental sword-arts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

darkphoton1

Ninjitsu by Dr. Hatsumi

Postby darkphoton1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:51 am

some of you may have seen this video, and even though ninjitsu isnt a "sword art" it does incorperate all types of weaponary. interesting nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wksvKJ8-w4o&search=hatsumi

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:50 am

ah... such bullshite........ god i miss video's like this on 'you've been framed'
God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

darkphoton1

Postby darkphoton1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:06 am

wtf? wrote:ah... such bullshite........ god i miss video's like this on 'you've been framed'

how do you figure?

Angelus

Postby Angelus » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:10 am

I'm gonna guess given wtf?'s large background in MA's. I look forward to his response :D

wtf?

Postby wtf? » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:19 am

i say this because what i saw in that video... was simpering, morkish, cack!

ninjutsu, while in principle, is the best art on earth... is probally the only art where 99% of its dojo/strudents inhabatants are..... simpletons.

for the purely technical standpoint, ninjutsu in its purest form should be the most effective techniques for todays combat arena.

i saw little knife work, no firearms work, no concealed weapon work that wasnt hollywood ninja crap, respawned for anime fans, and nothng that could be considered 'with extreme prejustice'
and i cant remember the guys name... but anything with THAT host, should be taken with a pinch of salt.

real ninjutsu would have firearms training, techniques that would make ME shudder, and would work on the principle that to dissarm someone, you need to stop their pulse, make them bleed to death, or at the very least, have bones protrudng through flesh.
you also wouldnt see sword work, or polearm work... anything like that. its a waste of perfectly good 'knife to the lung' training.

sorry Angelus, no masterfull history lesson to be had here. 8)

God i LOVE these things.

Im not sure what weapons will be used to fight WWIII, but i know that WWIV will be waged with wooden sticks.

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:28 am

Chris Crudelli irritate sme as well :p But it's the sou patch more than anything, I think.. lol

Way I figure it, they'd have to tone the techniques down a fair bit because it's on TV, and I dunno, people would imitate them, or something. At least with these there's no massive potential to kill anyone, whereas if they showed off nastier techniques or something, it could be risky among the Power Rangers Reenactment crowd.
Wraith wrote:my tits are fantastic, you little bastard!

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:40 am

I didn't bother watching all that clip because I've seen the series. In one part of the series it does show Hatsumi demonstrate how to disarm a gunman and shoot him using his own hand so as not to leave his prints. If I remember rightly, he's employed by the FBI to train their agents. At least half the stuff he demonstrates on mind, body' are just silly tricks though (throwing cards at people, setting their hair on fire with a lighter while he's talking to them etc). Perhaps that wasn't the best clip to show.

DrunkDwarf

Postby DrunkDwarf » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:46 am

wtf? wrote:simpering, morkish, cack!

As in Mork and Mindy? Nanu-Nanu!
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum...

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:01 pm

Lexxorcist wrote:I didn't bother watching all that clip because I've seen the series. In one part of the series it does show Hatsumi demonstrate how to disarm a gunman and shoot him using his own hand so as not to leave his prints. If I remember rightly, he's employed by the FBI to train their agents. At least half the stuff he demonstrates on mind, body' are just silly tricks though (throwing cards at people, setting their hair on fire with a lighter while he's talking to them etc). Perhaps that wasn't the best clip to show.

That was the clip where there was mention of Special Forces training, and shooting someone with their own hand ;)

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:06 pm

Hatamoto wrote:That was the clip where there was mention of Special Forces training, and shooting someone with their own hand ;)

Doh! I didn't watch it all. Like you said then, perhaps the more hardcore stuff wasn't suitable for TV. I can't see the special forces employing him just to teach them the sort of stuff on that program.

OneThing
Location: Asking where I am implies time and space exist, a point I am not willing to concede

Postby OneThing » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:18 pm

Bit off topic but anyone remember the video with the police man doind a guun demonstration in a school and shoots himself in the leg... continue's the saftey talk so as not to scare the children but scared the crap outta them when he picks up and assualt rifle??

Funny stuff
Small but growing collection of swords : William Marshall knightly sword, Dark Sentinal, Banshee, Practical Fantasy Katana
Still to come...More Money

Hatamoto

Postby Hatamoto » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:23 pm

lol, a safety talk using a real gun with live ammo, cocked and loaded?

The term dipshit doesn't quite cover that, does it?

Postby 2841981 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:27 pm

not quite

nath/2841981

darkphoton1

Postby darkphoton1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:07 pm

Lexxorcist wrote:
Hatamoto wrote:That was the clip where there was mention of Special Forces training, and shooting someone with their own hand ;)

Doh! I didn't watch it all. Like you said then, perhaps the more hardcore stuff wasn't suitable for TV. I can't see the special forces employing him just to teach them the sort of stuff on that program.

well i would imagine not. i dont do ninjitsu but a few of my friends do and we regulary come together and discuss martial arts, my friends usually show ninjitsu as alot more brutal than in that video. when i found that video searchign youtube (many kellogs advert parodies BTW) i expected a some blood or at least some serious injury but it was alot more subtle than i assumed.

Lexxorcist

Postby Lexxorcist » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:17 pm

darkphoton1 wrote:well i would imagine not. i dont do ninjitsu but a few of my friends do and we regulary come together and discuss martial arts, my friends usually show ninjitsu as alot more brutal than in that video. when i found that video searchign youtube (many kellogs advert parodies BTW) i expected a some blood or at least some serious injury but it was alot more subtle than i assumed.

The thing about that program is, it seems more aimed at martial arts movie fans and non-praciticioners. I laughed my ass off at chris crudeli being chased round the dojo by a katana weilding hatsumi. However I suspect there's a lot more to it than that which wasn't shown. Then again, I wonder if he really does start his special forces training sessions by chasing them round with a kat? 8)

Return to “Fudoshin Dojo”