the stork delivers

Discuss your hobby with other sword enthusiasts

Moderators: Big Lazy, Moderators

8steve88

Re: the stork delivers

Postby 8steve88 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:53 pm

A fine collection of Bowies you have there blade master. and I know all about lack of space, I am in a 1 bed room ground floor flat. If it's O.K. for museums then it's O.K. for the rest of us to rotate displays if we must.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 am

hi steve
with a bit of luck i,ll have another one tomorrow its the outback bowie from downunder knives
i belive its the one croc dundee had in his films ive checked out the site and what a beauty it is too the spine is 8mm thick
at the ricasso the tang is 7mm by 17mm the butcap is screwd onto a 8mm thick threaded bit go to downunder knives .com
and check out the specs plus two of blades finest a limited edition katana one of only ten made and the handforged samurai katana
roll on tuesday eh
mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

8steve88

Postby 8steve88 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:35 am

Hi blade master, that looks a classy blade, skinning a crocodile can't be easy. Congrats on a hellova lot of quality Bowies.

It's taking me a while to have a go at the full sized swords, I've got the Budo Dragon Tanto, that hardly qualifies as a sword. I've got one of Cold Steel's Tanto Lite cheapies, well built for the money. There's always the Cold Steel Espada XL if I fancy a large folder but at £360 from a well known English dealer it's out of my range at the moment. I'm currently eyeing up the Budo Whirlwind Ninja Sword, the Budo Gold Leaf Sword (BC/CL) or maybe just the Budo Musashi Tanto. The Budo Tanto that I've got seems really well made and the other Budo items should be the same quality. It's about all I can afford at the moment. :|
That's one of the things that impresses me about Blades U.K. there is something for those of us on a tight budget but still good quality as well as the top flight swords and knives.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:52 pm

hi steve
well all three arrivede this afternoon the outback bowie even better than i thought possible a limeted edition blades own katana the bluie one on the site resently one of only ten ever made its one that lawrence recently aquired and had for sale one the site so i got while the getting was good :D the other katana was from the handforged section called the handforged samurai katana nice finger printless finish on the saya plus it came with a cracking spare tsuba
and a nifty little hammer with a rubber head one side and a hard plastic head on the othe just the job for takeing out those troublesome mekugi,s i got the outback because theres a delay in getting the master cutlery alamo bowie glad i got one now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: oh yes the sheath for the outback is real quality leather just wet stamped to impress the leather to look like crock skin very nice indeed ill try and do some pics if i remember to do so till then these will have to do

Image[/url

the handforged samurai katana picture by curticy of blades-uk

mick
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

8steve88

Postby 8steve88 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:26 am

Very nice additions blade master, I like the built up type of handle, and the tang on that one looks adequate to say the least. Congratulations for snagging that katana as well, right place right time.
My latest purchase arrived today, a Hultafors Heavy Duty knife, the blurb states - "The knife blade is manufactured in Japanese knife steel, 3 mm carbon steel that has been hardened to 58- 60 HRC. The cutting edge has been sharpened with a double edge angle and a final honing on a leather strop. The handle and sheath are made of extra durable PP plastic".
A 95mm blade very, very sharp as delivered all for £7.95. I also got a couple of Monkeys Fist lanyards, a tactical item consisting of the monkeys fist knot tied with desert camo paracord around a 1 inch steel ball bearing. Quite a useful defensive item. :mrgreen:

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 pm

hi steve
i was going to suggest that you get a knife from mora of sweden but after checking out hulfors i
see they are virtually the same knife i have a friend in the states who made me a very nice knife
useing a mora blade handle is made from various hardwoods with a white tail deer antler crown
to top it off he was kind enough to even make the sheath for me

forum moderator

Big Lazy
Blades-UK Admin

Postby Big Lazy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Loving the sheaf for that outback bowie. Not so much the knife itself though but the sheaf yes please. Shame you cant buy them on their own.
Pimp or die baby!

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:06 pm

i,ll give you a shout if im ever lucky enough to get a custom job from leodis leather larns
forum moderator

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:18 pm

well guys i treated myself again two more prezzies arrived this morning
a very nice morpheous katana i,ll do a pic later but my bowie collection
has now increased by one more and very nice it is two the blurb says its
16 inches in lenght not so its 17.50 ins that breaks down to a 5.75 in
handle and a 11.75 in blade the sheath is a very decent quality leather
and nicley finished it also has a piece of leather on the front near the
top that you can put a star shaped concho on to jazz it up a bit if your so inclined
its the alamo bowie by master cutlery and i,d have to give it 9.50 out of ten
i took half a point off because there was a bit of movement on the handguard
easily cured by tightening the bolt on the brass butcap :D :D

forum moderator

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Grrrrr in sick of you and you lovely bowies! go away and stop making us feel jealous you bum nugget! :mrgreen:
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 pm

ticks and stones geordie wait till you see what ive got coming next he he he :D :D

bye the way i have an infallable tip so you can get these extra blades
if your interested
forum moderator

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm

:8745 il find you house Michael. I have my ways :mrgreen: :twisted:

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 pm

check out the sub hilt fighter in new additions
vvvveeerrryy nice my next one by the way is the
down under knives red rock rapter then its the sub hilt fighter
designed by gil hibben made by united cutlery
forum moderator

Geordie Ross

Postby Geordie Ross » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:23 pm

I rather like that eclipse Bowie but I think the cross guard looks...... Off, if you know what I mean?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:27 pm

that eclipse bowie i know it as the sub hilt fighter and the guard is reminisant of
the type thats used on his fantasy knives there is a damascus version where the
guard/pommel/sub hilt are all gold plated listed at $355 us dollars thats £227.117
our money but i belive thats the rrp you may get it cheaper if you hunt around a bit
mick
forum moderator

Return to “The Cutting Edge”