the hibben legacey

Post photos of your prized collections here.
the blade master

the hibben legacey

Postby the blade master » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:28 pm

this ones for you dave :D :D

just received the hibben legacy now I can recommend this to one and all the usuall u.c high finish
made from 5mm thick 7cr17 stainless steel (no I don't know what that means) sharp as s++t out the box
too the choil on the blade allows you to choke up on the blade and is full tang if you wish but be warned the cutting edge
runs from the tip of the blade to the edge of the choil/finger groove and will nick your finger if to much of
your finger is in the choil now the reconstituted leather sheath is not too bad so how well it would stand
up to regular use I don't know two minor niggles if you wish to call them that is the finger nicker lol and the snap
on the sheath is a bit short so its a bit of effort to use the snap when needed but all together a very nice piece indeed
12 in long blade is just over 6.25 ins long handle has a built in lanyard hole thumb rest on the spine by the riccaso feels
weighty in the hand id get one dave as for the money its excellent now the handle scales are pakkawood not micarta as is listed in the discription
mick

forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Re: the hibben legacey

Postby liquidator96 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:34 pm

Time to start saving again! will it never end!!!
Oh, and as far as I know 7cr17 is a Japanese equivalent of 440A, :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:59 pm

cheers for that heres a pic of the ka-bar i got coming

just to give some idea of its size heres a triple pic with the standard version on the bottom with a 7 inch blade
the one on top is the ka-bar big brother with the krayton handle
forum moderator

a wise man can learn more from a foolish answer than a fool can from a wise answer
the only time a fisherman tells the truth is when he calls another fisherman a liar

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:57 pm

I didn't know you already had a few Ka-Bar's, I take it the one in the middle is the 'Short' USMC version?

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:26 pm

sorry dave
not my pic pinched the pic from elsewhere just o show the difference between the standard version
on the bottom to the big brother on the top
mick
forum moderator

Moon

Postby Moon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:55 pm

liquidator96 wrote:Oh, and as far as I know 7cr17 is a Japanese equivalent of 440A, :D

Not quite, it's the Chinese equivalent of 440A. :|

The bottle opener looks useful though. :mrgreen:
"Wise men speak because they have something to say: fools because they have to say something"...Plato

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:13 pm

bottle opener indeed some one is asking for a slapped bum :moon: :>

i do belive in the book of instructions its supposed to be a thumb rest :D
forum moderator

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:48 pm

I stand corrected, :D

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:44 pm

why dont you sit down corrected its a lot less tiring :D
forum moderator

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:34 am

:008

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:16 pm

hi dave
well the ka-bar finally arrived with a couple of companions a neck knife by crkt called the dog fish of which there are two versions
one with a serrated edge and one without mines the one without got another piece for my Rambo collection too.
ka-bar

crkt dogfish
and yes moon the mouth is a bottle opener lols
mick
forum moderator

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Very nice, now its always struck me as odd that Mr. J. Rambo of 'Flashback' U.S.A. never used a Ka-Bar, instead he uses a 'Survival' knife with a hollow handle that is unlikely to have ever beed issued to American Military personnel, product placement perhaps?
As for the neck knife, well.....it looks a bit fishy to me.....
:trout

the blade master

Postby the blade master » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:44 am

tell you what tho the rambo 6 knife/dagger aint a bad piece either nice solid 5mm thick (at the ricasso) well sharp too
and yes i know there wernt no such thing as a rambo 6 (thats just master cutlery taking liberties again) lols and true to chinese
tradition of getting things wrong sly stallones signature is upside down on the blade lols :D

here,s a thought dave why the hell do manufacturers put anti rust coatings on stainless blades yes i know stainless can rust but
not enough to warrant it unles its somthing to do with the code of the ninja and not being seen lols
forum moderator

liquidator96

Postby liquidator96 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:46 am

Mega Lols! :D

Return to “Your Collections”